PURPOSE OF THE VOLUNTEER POSITION
The Derby has become an integral part of our community, helping over 76 community projects over the years. Since its inception, the Derby Committee has invested $181,700 into our community through grants, bursaries, and CVO Hours.
The Board of Directors needs a few more people to join the team to help with the yearly planning of the event, or we risk losing the event and all the funding it provides to non-profit groups, programming, and graduating students.
With your generous contribution of a few hours a month, you can help ensure that LDB ICE lives on in our community for years to come!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES OF THE POSITION
You don’t need to be a master angler to join our team; you don’t even need any fishing skills! If you are a dedicated individual who wants to see the community of Lac du Bonnet continue to thrive and develop, then you are the perfect fit for our team! The Board of Directors of the Lac du Bonnet Ice Fishing Derby is responsible for:
- Contributing skills and knowledge by participating actively in meetings and committee work
- Attending meetings regularly – approximately 10 per year
- Preparing for meetings by reading agendas, minutes, reports and other documentation required to participate in them actively
- Participating at the event by filling roles and responsibilities assigned to board members
- Overseeing the operations of the yearly Lac du Bonnet Ice Fishing Derby Event
- Maintaining and enhancing the yearly funding projects developed for the community
- Managing and overseeing the duties of the General Manager
LDB ICE employs a General Manager to manage the tasks and duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND AGE REQUIREMENTS
Board Members must be 18 years of age or older. Knowledge of event planning is an asset but is not required.
Volunteer Board Members are asked to assume a Department Head position on Derby Day (last February of each month) when possible. Access to, or ability to use, OneDrive for file sharing is an asset but not required.
TRAINING AND TOOLS PROVIDED
The Board will provide all training and tools as we plan the event. No fishing skills necessary!
ADDITIONAL DETAILS ABOUT THE BOARD
Join this dynamic team of forward-thinking, goal-setting volunteers who have strived to increase the size and scope of LDB ICE for the past 5 years. Together, they have rebranded the derby, increased sponsorship, increased prize and cash awards, and increased attendance by 35%!